Byron Township(alttag)

  8085 Byron Center Avenue
Byron Center, MI 49315
Byron Township
Document Center
(Agendas, Minutes, Forms, etc.)

Water and Sewer > Filling Your Swimming Pool

•   Welcome
•   Water & Sanitary Sewer Service Map
•   Connection Permit Fees & Application
•   Establish New Service
•   Billing Information
•   Payment Options
•   Auto Pay Application
•   Filling Your Swimming Pool
•   Items to Check When Questioning High Water Usage
•   Irrigation Meter
•   Water Shut Off
•   Water Quality Report
•   Water & Sanitary Sewer Ordinance
•   Byron-Gaines Utility Authority

Filling Your Swimming Pool

The Byron-Gaines Utility Authority’s policy regarding hydrant permits:

You will no longer be able to use a hydrant located in your neighborhood to fill your swimming pool. Please contact a water hauler. The company you choose will contact the Byron-Gaines Utility Authority for a permit to fill their truck at a Metered Hydrant located on the Byron-Gaines Utility Authority’s property. The reason for this is not only to have more water accountability, but to also minimize damage to the Township’s hydrants. Keep in mind that water from your outside spigot is $2.85 per thousand gallons and sanitary sewer is $3.25 per thousand gallons. Unless you have a second meter, then you are not charged sanitary sewer usage on water used outside.
Please call 616-971-0002 for hydrant questions.