Byron Township(alttag)

  8085 Byron Center Avenue
Byron Center, MI 49315
Byron Township
Document Center
(Agendas, Minutes, Forms, etc.)

Water and Sewer > Always Ask For I.D.

•   Home
•   Bill Payment Options
•   Forms and Documents
•   Byron-Gaines Utility Authority
•   Always Ask For I.D.
•   Connection Fees and Worksheets
•   Consumer Confidence Report (Water Quality)
•   Cross Connection Control
•   Customer Service
•   Educational Resources
•   Landlord/Owner and Tenants
•   Stormwater
•   Water & Sewer Ordinance and Resolutions
•   Water Shut Off Notices
•   Sprinkling Meter
•   What2Flush


Always Ask For Identification

Recently, their have been reports of individuals going to homes in the surrounding areas impersonating Water Maintenance employees, for the purpose of gaining access. 

Byron Township would like to remind citizens that all Byron-Gaines Utility Authority employees carry Authority-issued identification cards.  These cards have the employee's name and photograph clearly displayed.  The customary practice is to schedule an appointment with our customers should an employee need to enter a home or business to gain access to the water meter or for other water service related issues.  At month's end, typically in order to get a work order completed by the end of the month, Byron-Gaines Utility Authority employees will knock on your door to ask if they can gain access to your water meter.  You can identify these employees by the vehicle they are driving, the uniform they wear and the I.D badge they carry.  In most cases Byron-Gaines Utility Authority employees are driving a white truck with the Byron-Gaines Utility Authority name in Blue on the door with a blue "drop" of water emblem on the door also.  The employees of the Byron-Gaines Utility Authority also wear gray uniform shirts with their names on them along with "Byron-Gaines Utility" on the name badge sewn to the shirt.  Byron-Gaines Utility Authority employees never go to a home or business to collect money for water and sewer services.  Charges for water and sewer will always come on your quarterly utility bill.

The Byron-Gaines Utility Authority does not handle billing questions or take payment for utility bills.

Never allow an individual to enter your home or business without proper identification for any reason.  If you have any questions regarding an individual claiming to be a Byron-Gaines Utility Authority employee, please call the Byron Township Water & Sewer Department at (616) 878-0660 during normal working hours or call the Byron-Gaines Utility Authority directly at (616) 971-0002.



Byron-Gaines Utility Authority
1381 84th St. SE
Byron Center, MI  49315
(616) 971-0002