Bill Payment Options
*Payments over the phone are not accepted as of December 1, 2016*
Your water bill is a lien
Our customers are often surprised to find out that their bill for water and sewer service is a lien on the property. This means that the property owner is utlimately responsible for the charges regardless of the account holder on the bill. When buying a home, be sure money is escrowed to pay final water and sewer bills of the former owner.
- Mail your payment with the top stub to Byron Township Offices, 8085 Byron Center Ave., Byron Center, MI 49315
- Drop it off at our 24-hour drop box located on the East side of the Township Offices.
- Pay in person with cash, check, money order, or credit card at our office located at 8085 Byron Center Ave., Byron Center, MI 49315 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. (Holiday hours will be posted)
- Pay your bills electronically with a Credit Card or Debit Card. The ability to pay Utility Bills with a major Credit Card or Debit Card is also available we accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. The Township has contracted with a company to perform the online service. They will accept the payments on behalf of the Township and forward your payment to the Township. Users paying with credit or debit cards will be charged a convenience fee of 2.25%. Payment tab is at the top right of this page.
- Automatic Bill Payment. Our Automatic Bill Payment Plan has been a great success and continues to be available for the payment of Township Water and Sewer bills. Customers can have their bills automatically deducted from their bank or credit union checking or savings account. If you wish to take advantage of this convenient way to automatically pay your bill, please follow this link: Automatic Funds Transfer . You will continue to receive a bill indicating the amount due, but the amount will be automatically deducted from the account you choose. More information can be found by following this link: Automatic Funds Transfer Frequently Asked Questions. To cancel an automatic funds transfer please follow this link: Cancellation of ACHA. The Township reserves the right to deny or terminate notice of ACHA transmission without reason at any time.
- Bank Deduction from a Checking or Savings Account. Customers may pay their bill directly out of their checking or savings account byr clicking the button above. This would need to be done each time your received a utility bill. (Not an auto-payment)
- Paperless Billing. Now customers can receive bills by email. Sign up for paperless billing by emailing me your property address and letting me know that you would like to go paperless at email@example.com
Beginning with the October 2011 bills, the township will be sending shutoff notices for past due bills in November 2011. The township reserves the right per ordinance to shut off water to properties that have a past due balance. Owners that have rental properties will be responsible to pay the water/sewer usage bill unless they have complied with the Water & Sewer Ordinance Section 1711 and have deposited $500 with the township per rental unit.